The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is at the heart of John Taylor, and is here to:
- Encourage students to gain a love and enjoyment of books
- Provide a learning environment at the heart of the school to support all students and staff
- Develop pupils’ skills in finding, selecting and using information ethically to produce independent lifelong learners
Opening hours: 8.15 am until 4.15 pm every day
Resources and Services
With over 25,000 items: a wide range of books both fiction and non-fiction, weblinks, journals, newspapers, and audio CDs.
- 18 networked computers, 30 chromebooks, and a computerised management system, Eclipse.net.
- Online library catalogue to enable pupils to check their loan status and search for resources via the Reading Cloud from any computer in the school.
- Careers, Apprenticeships and Higher Education resources.
- A stationery shop which stocks everything from pencils to memory sticks, with printing, photocopying and laminating facilities for pupils.
Mrs Collier and Mrs Stubbs are available in the LRC to support students and staff.