Key Stage 4 Results 2016
- Attainment 8: 56.7
- 71% of pupils achieved a grade C or above in English and Mathematics
- 44% of pupils achieved the English Baccalaureate
- Average Grade: B-
Key Stage 5 Results 2016
- 29% of students achieved A*-A grades at A Level
- 57.5% of students achieved A*-B grades at A Level
- 87% of students achieved Distinction*-Distinction at BTEC Level 3
- Average Grade: B- & Distinction*
- All students in KS5 left with a Level 2 qualification in both English and maths
- Retention: 92.5% (This is the proportion of students who get to the end of the main programme of study that they enrolled on at JTHS)
- 77% of students went on to study at University
- 23% Higher Apprenticeships, Employment & Gap Year
A summary of Attainment 8 and Progress 8
Progress 8 aims to capture the progress a pupil makes from the end of primary school to the end of secondary school. It is a type of value added measure, which means that pupils’ results are compared to the actual achievements of other pupils with the same prior attainment.
Attainment 8 will measure the achievement of a pupil across 8 qualifications including mathematics (double weighted) and English (double weighted), 3 further qualifications that count in the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) measure and 3 further qualifications that can be GCSE qualifications (including EBacc subjects) or any other non-GCSE qualifications on the DfE approved list.
The full document detailing Progress 8 and Attainment 8 can be found here.