John Taylor High School is proud to announce the new Microsoft Office Pro Plus Program to students. This program provides free access to Office 365 Pro Plus for students enrolled at John Taylor High School.
Any student who is currently enrolled may download and install Office 365 Pro applications on up to 5 devices (PC, MAC, and/or mobile device).
Students will be entitled to this benefit as long as they are on roll (in SIMS.net our Student Management Information System) at John Taylor High School; when they leave John Taylor the software will be deactivated automatically.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a set of applications that includes email, document and file creation, and collaboration tools. The good news is you have been using these tools for years. What will be different for many of us is the introduction of new versions of your old favourites. This includes the Outlook application for accessing email; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access); OneNote, a note-taking function; and SharePoint, a storage and application platform that permits file storage, application development, and collaboration.
Office 365 is referred to as a cloud-based service, and access to many of the tools is over the internet. For the majority, the Microsoft Office application you utilise regularly will continue to be accessed through your computer (in school); however by using Office 365, those applications and your documents will also be accessible over the internet and accessible from anywhere.
5 free copies of Office Pro 2016 (including mobile apps)
To check how many installs you have used visit https://portal.office.com/account/#installs.
- Go to the following website: https://login.microsoftonline.com/
- Enter your school email address
- On the next screen ensure your email address is correct and enter your network password
- You should now see a page like this:
- Click Install Office 2016
- A file will now be downloaded to your computer
- Once installation begins, the installation program will scan your computer for any previous versions of Microsoft Office
- If you have a previous version of Microsoft Office installed already, you will have to remove it from your system before continuing the installation.
- If you do not have to remove Office, your installation of Office 365 ProPlus will begin.
- Once the application is loaded, a progress box will appear as the software downloads the final settings. Please note that the speed of your connection will determine the speed of this part of the installation.
- Once all loading is complete, follow the steps (wizard or online prompts) to personalise your Office 365 ProPlus and begin using your software.
If you wish to download office on to your mobile devices follow this link https://products.office.com/en-gb/mobile/office.
Useful Links & Resources
This service is provided ‘as is’ and help is available via the Microsoft website, and respective help documentation within programs. We cannot accept any responsibility for an issues you have with the installation, loss of data or compatibility issues.